Thursday, December 27, 2007


Hope you all had a wonderful, safe and blessed Christmas!!! We were able to do the worlds wildest trip home. We left Saturday and got in at about 5. Had a family dinner with the in laws, us, Jerrods brother, his wife and 3 kids and his mother in law. Was totally wild with 13 people (6 of them being 7 and under). We went to our "home" church Sunday morning. It was soo wonderful being with people that you know love you. I told Jerrod that I didn't realize how much I miss hugs!!!! We had a wonderful lunch with our good friends Bill and Trisha, then was off to Spartanburg to go to church with my mom. After church and the worst and longest cracker barrel trip ever ( 2 hours and 5 minutes totally :() We headed back up the Mountain. There was a somewhat lazy Christmas Eve day spending time with mom and dad Marshall and our friend John that popped over for a visit, then off to church with the rest of the Marshall's in a long standing tradition of candle light communion. We now take up 5 pews lol. Then the madness of dinner, games and the gift exchange with Jerrods family. Was fun and I came out with the nicest gift Ive gotten at one of those thingys (a dirt devil kone vac, its awesome!). Was a lot of fun and made us miss our family even more. We threw the kids in the car to get home and bathe quickly before Santa came. They were so worn out, we didn't hear a peep from their room lol. The night went too fast and then we were up at 6 to start the wrapping paper carnage fest. After a nice breakfast with the hole family, we were out and down the mountain to see my mom. Then my grandmother, then that evening with my grandfather. After that, back in the van to head back east. The drive wasn't so bad and we were back by 11:30 Christmas night. I don't think I have ever been so tired in my entire life!!!!! The kids did great, I was really so proud of them. That was the abridged version, if you need more, let me know lol It really was just a bunch of time in the van and flying paper, if you really think about it. I hate to see it go, but in someways its a relief that its over. Hope you all have a wonderful New Year!

2 comments:

Jay and Heather said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jay and Heather said...

Glad you had a good Christmas. It all sounds familiar. We did about the same.
Tell everyone we say HI.