Thursday, February 7, 2008

Faith

I think that all the moms (some dads too) can relate to my story. I have Katelyn in the bath washing her hair and she is furious when the water runs down into her eyes. It annoys her, it makes her nervous, Heck it just down right scares her. I have tried over and over to get her to hold her head back so I can pour the water down her back instead of just on the top of her head to get the shampoo out, but that scares her even more. I tell her that even though its scary to do it this way at first, if she will trust me, It will be so much better after. She still cries and refuses. I dont understand. Im her mom. I love her. She was created in me. I feed her, I dress her, I make sure she has everything she needs, I keep her safe. Why wont she trust me to do this one little thing?? Its so frustrating and really gets to me to see her so upset. I know that if she could just see the situation the way I can, she would lean that pretty little head back and let me rinse her hair. (ok so you know where Im going). It hit me so hard that I literaly just sank down on the bathroom floor. How many times do I do the same thing to my Heavenly Father? He created me, he loves me, he keeps me safe and provides my needs, yet I still have such a hard time "holding my head back". Why do I doubt everthing that He has given and shown me over the past 2 years? Ok so things suck from my point of view right now...what does He see? Im making a commitment right here and right now to trust my Father. He knows what is best for me and my family, even if I dont understand it while sitting in the bath.
By the way, Katelyn now holds her head back and gets no water in her eyes.....

2 comments:

Jay and Heather said...

Oh my goodness, haven't we all found ourselves in that place before? I totally understand. I will keep you in my prayers as you guys continue on this journey God has called you to.

Rafferty Family said...

Great illustration! Thanks for sharing. God does hold us gently in His hands, doesn't He! What a good Father.