Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My super secret, wonderfuly awesome weekend!


Let me tell you about my special friends and amazing hubby.  In sure most of you are familiar with Women of Faith.  Before we came here to seminary, I was blessed to get to attend several of these life changing conferences.  Since we came here, life just sort of got in the way plus not being part of a group of women going its hard to just pick up and go.  For some reason this year, I got the desire to go when they came to Greensboro.   I found a group of girls from church that were going but I was too late to get in with them, plus money was a bit of an issue.  My friend told me about a great opportunity that WOF offers where you can volunteer to work the conference and get to go for free!  Well she and I decided that we would do that.(so sorry I messed up our plans Kaitlyn :( ).  In speaking with my husband he told me that he didn't have a "peace" about me going and as much as it disappointed me, I agreed with him that I would stay home.  Little did I know that he and my friend Dolly were planning to get me there well before I even decided that I wanted to go.  How cool is God?  As the time came for the conference to happen I was amazed at how many ladies I knew were going!  Jerrod said I was plain "pitiful" when each one of them  said they were getting ready to go.  The weekend came and let me tell you, it was nuts around here.  Kids coming home from school early, carpool changing and work being busy.  I's sure that my sweet hubby was more than a bit anxious.  At about 2pm there was a knock on my door and guess who it was?? CHRISTY, LORI and DOLLY!  I think I closed the door in their face haha.  They told me to pack and kidnapped me for a wonderful WOF weekend and some much needed girlfriend time.  Even now I can't believe how blessed I am.  Thank you Jerrod for being the most amazing husband ever! Thank you girls for thinking enough of me to drive 7 hours in one day and footing the bill just to give me the most amazing weekend. I love you all and I can honestly say that "you delight my heart in a million ways"...

Photobucket





1 comment:

Joy for the Seasons said...

You need to post again!! :o)