Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Talk about speaking too soon...

Well, last I wrote I was excited to be fever free!  Guess I should have knocked on wood or just held my tongue a little longer.  While we were beyond blessed that Caleb never got sick (thank you Jesus!) Noah only made it about 24 hours with no fever.  Friday we felt we were safe enough to enjoy a meal as a family, so we headed out the door for Chili's.  About half way through the meal, Noah put his little head down on the table and said he wasn't feeling well.  Sure enough, when we got him home, he had a low grade temp again.  His cough was also worse so I knew he needed to get back in asap.  (I watch Fox news and know the flu do's and dont's lol). Saturday saw us back in the office where they checked for flu, a week late if you ask me, and sent us for a chest X-ray at Rex.  Low and behold, he was positive for what they said was H1N1 and had a case of pneumonia.   We left with Antibiotic's and tamiflu (again a week late in my opinion!) and an appointment for Monday.  He has done very well since then and when we went back in for his follow up, his lungs sounded clear!!  They asked us to keep him out of school through Wednesday which will make 7 days out total.  Its is honestly the grace of God that has kept the his brother and sister from getting it as well and I praise His name!   Thank you all for your prayers and concern.  Love y'all!

Photobucket

No comments: