Thursday, January 14, 2010

Praying for Haiti

  In the wake of the tragedy in Haiti, my heart is broken.  The images on the screen of my TV are almost impossible to look at, yet I cant turn away.  All I want to do is go and help and I am a bit disappointed in the fact that God has me thousands of miles away,and in His plan, heading out the door to Haiti is just not gonna work.  So then, I look for other ways to help. Of course, praying without ceasing is the first thing that comes to my mind.  I'm praying for the hurt, the families that are broken,  that aid will get there and be able to make a significant change in their circumstances.  I'm praying that those that are left and dealing with this complete end to life as they know it, will come to know the saving power of Jesus Christ in this tragedy.  That they will feel His love and peace and assurance.  That they will know that joy does in fact come in the morning.  My heart hurts for those that lost their lives and didn't have a personal relationship with the Lord it gives me a renewed passion to go and tell!


The next thing that comes to mind is to give.  GIVE GIVE GIVE!  Unfortunately, as we have seen in many other disasters such as this (9/11, hurricane Katrina, the tsunami in Asia), there are many with wrong hearts that devise schemes and prey on the hearts of those that want to help.  So, I went on a hunt to find some organizations that I know are trusted and are there, bringing immediate aid not only to their physical needs but also their spiritual.
 
Samaritan's Purse
World Vision
Mission of Mercy
Compassion International
Mercy Ships

If you are able, give to these organizations and even if you cant, pray for these men and woman as they work to be the hands and feet of Christ to these hurting people.

No comments: