Friday, July 22, 2011

been a little bit since I wrote here but my excuse is that I have a lot on my mind.  While other, more normal people may hash out their feelings through writing about them, I have to get them all sorted out in my head and THEN share it.  Well, I'm not doing too well on my own with it so don't be looking for much updates about anything too serious LOL.  I can scream "BUDGET, TRIPS, MIDDLE SCHOOL, MINISTRY, DIET, KIDS!"  at you and it will give you a small glance at what's going on in my head.  (scary thought, I know!)   I guess the one major thing that I have come to realize is, I can NOT do this on my own.   I have been trying and let me tell you, I'm failing miserably!   In fact, I think God has to be shaking his head and laughing at my horrible efforts.   I'm embarrassed to say that I have let my stress and fear affect me even physically.   Please help me pray that I will lean on the ONE that has the power and wisdom to guide and direct me.   This is VERY hard for me.  I have always depended on myself and "gotten the job done" when I was younger.   Maybe you are like me?   If so, I hope these verses that I'm literally drinking in will help you.

“And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.” – Phil 4:19


"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our stronghold." Psalm 46:1-3,7

"Rest in God alone, my soul, for my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation, my stronghold; I will not be shaken. "  Psalm 62:5-5







1 comment:

Joy for the Seasons said...

Love those verses. Leaning on the Lord when everything is going well and as expected is easy. It is when we truly are dependent on Him that it can be difficult. But at the same time, we get to a point at which we are so out of control that it is so relieving to know that HE is in control and is not surprised by anything that is happening to us or around us. I will pray with you that it may become first nature for you to lean on Him ALONE.