Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Noah update

Just wanted to share a bit about Noah with you guys so you can be praying with us.  We went to his ENT at UNC and discovered that not only is his hearing not better, its moved into a "mild" loss on the right side and "moderate" on the left.  She wants to fit him with hearing aids but first wants to send him to a surgeon that deals with ONLY ears for a CT scan and second opinion.  (just a quick plug we have the most AUH-MAZE-ING ENT!  Her name is Amelia Drake and she is the head of our craniofacial team.  Love love love her!!)  Of course my sweet son decides to tell us that he cant hear in class and is embarrassed to tell his teacher or ask her to repeat herself, so he doesn't understand the math that he is doing right now....BANG HEAD AGAINST WALL!!!  So until his appointment on the 5th of December, we are getting him preferential seating and asking his teacher to repeat instruction as needed for him.   Of course, he isn't digging the idea of hearing aids and said he will look like an old man and everyone will laugh at him.  For some reason this year he is very much more aware of the way he looks and talks with his head down and his mouth covered and it breaks my heart.   I keep praying and telling him how wonderful he is and how beautiful God made him but to be honest I feel so stinking inadequate.   So that's where we are.  We covet all of your prayers as we proceed with Noah.  There are so many decisions to be made and it scares the bejebbies out of me!  Love yall!




****UPDATE!!****
Before I could even remember that I started this entry and get it posted, the coolest thing happened.  The babies (what I still to this day call Noah and Katelyn....side effect of having 2 children under the age of 2 HAHA) brought their report cards home yesterday and did great.   Noah had an extra envelope with his and I swear I said "GREAT! what NOW?" lol.  Jerrod started pulling papers out and showed me a brochure for AiG.  It seems Noah scored well enough on his 3rd grade Cognitive abilities test, he was invited to take the ITBS to see if he qualifies for the Academically gifted program!  Now, he very well may not score high enough "get in" but this is a huge deal for us!  When Noah was born, we were told that if was very possible that he could swing anywhere from "major learning disabilities" to "mild mentally challenged"   I love that God is proving that geneticist wrong!!!  Like I said, Noah may not score high enough to be considered "gifted" but to me it was like getting a hug from my Abba and hearing Him said "stop stressing, I got this!"   

1 comment:

stef said...

awww, Christie..i am so happy for you.